Business and Financial Assistance
The Wikwemikong Development Commission's Grants and Loans Program is available to Wikwemikong band members. This program provides incentive for new business start-ups and supports the expansion of existing businesses that demonstrate benefits to the community of Wikwemikong. The maximum amount of financial assistance that is available is $5,000.00 per client.
- Must be Wikwemikong Band members (Off-reserve band members may be eligible, depending on available budget allocation).
- Must be business-minded, and demonstrate commitment and management capability to ensure the market / financial viability and the success of the proposed project.
- Must provide a minimum cash investment of 5% of the total project cost.
- Must not have an outstanding loan or account with WDC or other WUIR programs. (Clients may have an option to refinance, however all loans must be current).
- Must have a permit to operate a business from the Wikwemikong Unceded Indian Reserve Chief and Council.
ALL FOREST-HARVESTING BUSINESSES AND FORESTRY-RELATED BUSINESSES MUST PROVIDE
A LETTER OF SUPPORT OR TIMBER PERMIT FROM THE WIKWEMIKONG LAND'S DEPARTMENT.
Aboriginal Business Canada
In Northern Ontario: