Self Employment Assistance (SEA) Program
The Self Employment Assistance (SEA) Program is a program intended to help Wikwemikong band members create jobs for themselves through self employment.
Entrepreneurs are provided with various types of support during the business start-up period, including coaching, ongoing technical advice, and financial support.
- legally entitled to work in Canada;
- unemployed, or;
- in receipt of social assistance, or;
- have an established regular Employment Insurance (EI) benefit claim, or;
- have an EI claim that has ended within the last three years (client cannot be on EI sick benefits), or;
- have received maternity or parental benefits within the past five years, after which the client
- remained out of the labour market to care for the child;
- must not have previously participated in self-employment activity funded by Human Resources
- Development Canada (HRDC);
- must not have an EI claim that is currently in dispute with HRDC;
- must be starting a new business, or taking over an existing business in which the client has no prior ownership;
SEA Program Guidelines
SEA Application Form
must agree to work a minimum of 30 hours per week for the business while participating in the SEA Program (Note: In exceptional circumstances, the amount of full time hours may vary).